Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry Christmas
What a fun month! This was the first year Carter really got excited and anticipated Christmas because he could remember the last one. He wanted to put up the tree asap and we had to listen to Christmas music everyday. We saw the lights at the zoo, drove around Salem pond and visited the Festival of Lights in Spanish Fork. We bought a new Christmas book and ornament for our tree plus started the new tradition of a time capsule ornament where we wrote down the highlights from the year on strips of paper and put them in a clear plastic ornament. It will be so fun to pull those out and read them in the years to come. We had a fun ugly sweater party with friends and lots of get togethers with family. The best part was not having to travel in a blizzard like we do every year. So sad it's over but definitely excited for what the new year has to bring. So much to be grateful for in 2010...Chad finding a job, finishing my Associates degree, going on a cruise with some amazing friends, two really fun family reunions, an awesome trip to California with the kids, good health and the gospel in our lives!
The kids painting their shark and dinosaur set Santa brought.
Brooklyn was so in love with baby Easton.
The Xbox Kinect was a huge hit!
An early present for us all...the storage unit I begged Chad to build for the playroom. Nothing beats the gift of organization!
Here comes double trouble!
Silly Santa broke our tree stand delivering presents Christmas eve so this is what the kids woke up to!
The Anderson Christmas Party, always fun to see everyone.
The Hatch Christmas...so glad my siblings could be home at the same time after all!
Carter told me he had the most wonderful Christmas ever!
Since Brooklyn had no expectations of Christmas, of course she was happy!

3 comments:

Kam Belly Soup said...

cute! sad tree. chad sucks at being santa. i like the ornament idea. really cool.

Cally said...

I am so jealous of your play room! I really wish we had one in our house. Glad you had a good Christmas. I think I saw you across Wal-Mart the other day. One of these days I'll actually get to talk to you there. :)

Kurt And Amanda said...

Your kids are so cute! I can't believe how much they have grown. So glad your Christmas went well. Cute craft ideas too!