Monday, June 02, 2008

Welcome to the world Brooklyn Jean Sperry...
Wednesday May 28th at 6:14pm we met our little girl for the first time(sorry no pictures to post yet). She weighed 8 pounds 2 ounces( the exact same as Carter) and was 20 inches long(half an inch longer than Carter. Just as we thought, Carter got all the hair and all the eyelashes(we were told eyelashes come a little later, lets hope!) Although the epidural worked a little too much, the delivery went well, only 7 hours compared to Carter's 12! Not surprising since Carter was the same, Brooklyn developed jaundice. Unfortunately hers was caused from my blood in her body attacking the new blood her body was trying to produce. This caused to bilirubin levels to sky rocket and they soon admitted her to the NICU. Multiple IVs, a feeding tube, heel pokes every four hours, only being able to be held during feeding times, blood draws out of the top of her head and the threat of a complete blood transfusion are a few things she has had to endure. Fortunately, Brooklyn is a trooper and has had a very calm and patient temperament. She has been in the NICU since Friday and although it has been hard we feel really blessed. There are so many babies that are in worse shape than Brooklyn and have a long hard, road ahead of them. We know Brooklyn will being coming home soon and are grateful for the progress she has made. Finally after 3 days her bili levels have begun to drop and there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel. We hope Wednesday is the lucky day and I can't wait to have her home with us!

14 comments:

kellerexpress said...

we cant wait to see her. Hang in there. Let us know if their is anything we can do. She is in our prays.

Ange said...

Congratulations!! We are so excited to meet her! I hope she is doing better! We will keep her in our prayers! Good luck!!

The Torgersen's said...

Congrats Alicia and Chad! We will keep your family in our prayers and we can't wait to see the pics!

The Godoy's said...

Oh my!! I didn't have any idea it was that serious! Keep me posted..you are in our prayers!! We love you lots!!!!!and can't wait to meet the newest addition to your family!

Jared and Davian said...

Congratulations you guys!! I am so happy for you. I am so glad Brooklynn's bili levels are dropping! I was so happy when Dr.LeSueur told me yesterday that with the last blood draw her level was going down. I hope she gets to come home soon. We are all so excited to see her. Good luck!

The Knight's said...

YEAH!! I wondered if you had fallen off the face of the earth. I knew it was probably "baby" keeping you from blogging so we are happy to hear she has arrived. We love you and can't wait to see the 2nd chad and alicia creation!

The Valentine Fam said...

Congrats you guys! I kept wondering if she had made her entrance yet. I'm glad to hear she's doing better. I remember having Lucas readmitted to the PICU for that (not nearly as serious), but still very hard and emotional. You guys are in our prayers. We can't wait to see pictures of the sweet girl.

P.S. I still have the baby carrier that I need to get back to you...sorry it's been so long!

Erika Scarpino said...

Congrats you guys! hang in there. Sounds like things are getting better everyday. What a darling name by the way.....
Erika

Stephanie said...

Congratulations on your little girl. I am sorry you had to experiance all of that. But it sounds like everything is getting better. We are thinking of you guys! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Cole and Kimala said...

Alicia... Couldn't help but peek in on your life since I found your link on Launi's blog. Hope all is going well by now and that you are home and happy... I will check again.

Kimala

Crystal said...

Hi guys. I found you...somehow.. anyway. We can't wait to see Brooklyn. the pictures Grandma have are awesome. You'll have to check out our blog too. See you soon. Crystal

Shy said...

Hey! I found you guys on Launi's blog! What a cute family! Can't wait to see pics of the newest one! I hope she is doing better soon :)

rickandlaurie said...

Hey Alicia...Congrats on the little one. What a cute family you have! I was so excited to find you on here. When things are settled down for you I would love to catch up. I hope things are going well for you guys.

Take care,

Laurie (Blackwell) Goulding

Angela Severe said...

Hi Alicia,
congradulations on your new little girl! How exciting. I know she will have to get eyelashes, look at her mothers!! I found you on Cam and Crystals blog. I am new at the whole blogging world but am having really fun! Can't wait to see some pics of her. Are you still in Utah County?